Facts and Research
The MM Ordinance was passed by the City Council 11/5/18
The City decided to allow triplexes, fourplexes, 12-unit townhouse buildings, clusters of up to, 12 Courtyard Apartments and Cottage developments in the yellow areas below: largely the historic and older neighborhoods in Olympia.
The MM Ordinance was appealed by OSD&LN 1/9/19
And we're winning so far: see the Do Something page
Definitions and standards
Analysis of MM policies
• To see unit housing densities allowed by MM, go here
• To see which Comprehensive Plan policies cover MM and new development in Olympia, go here
• To see an explanation of SEPA / EIS, go here.
• To see Cost per square foot or rent for each housing type, go here
• To see analysis of housing in the Eastside Neighborhood, go here.
• To see housing type preferences of buyers and renters, along with household statistics for Thurston County, go here
• How much green space will be left in MM yards? Go here